Monday, May 12, 2008

Pretty, Little, Yellow Flowers

Dandelions


i have a confession to make -

i love dandelions. i love seeing grass filled with those pretty, little, yellow flowers.

yes i know. they are weeds. but i love them just the same. i am guessing it's either the color combination that gets me or the novelty of seeing them in abundance here.

and i have to admit that i love receiving them from my kids as well. everytime i pick my kids up from school, i am met with a dandelion that they carefully handpicked for me. and while others would merely toss them aside, the dandelions that they handpicked for me gets displayed in their "own spot" until they wilt away.

one time, my daughter had a "eureka" expression on her face as she excitedly shared with me her new discovery. "mom! now i know why i see some bees in our school... because there are lots of sunflowers!"

Dandelions


when i told her that they are not sunflowers, she had a puzzled look on her face. "but mom, all my classmates call them sunflowers."

at this point, i had to decide very quickly whether to pop her balloon or not. there is something about kids and their delight for all things simple that make me hesitate to bring her back to earth.

so while i had to correct her and tell her that those are dandelions, i couldn't break her heart and tell her that they are actually weeds. she will eventually find out. but for now... i will let her enjoy this pretty, little, yellow flowers.

13 comments:

imelda said...

Sis we have dandelions out here in the Philippines. Anyway, they are realy nice. I like yellow, one of my favorite colors.

Filipino in Canada said...

talaga?!? i don't recall seeing them there. thanks for telling me :)

Portia said...

i love them,too!!!!!looks so imeldific!!!!

Jojo said...

Beautiful flowers!

Thank you for your confession.

I wish we have flowers in our house. It is just so hard to grow them. I am not a green thumb myself plus the temperature is cold. Sigh!

Take care

Merecil Amigo Kidder (Em) said...

oh .. i love them too but this yr i dont have that many in my yard still cold out here... goodness thinking we end up no summer here this yr. bomber...

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I already linked your blog in my 4 blogs. Thank you for adding mine too.

Filipino in Canada said...

@ portia and em - aren't they sooo pretty?

@ words on the tip of my tongue - added you already

@ jojo - same here. hahaha...

@ things that go bump - thanks!

Mariuca said...

Pretty picture! :)

Thanks for adding me to ur blogroll, I've added u to mine as well. :)

Francine said...

Hi, I just put my stumble list to date and stumbled you.

Filipino in Canada said...

@ mariuca - thanks! :)

@ asuka - i've been trying to stumble you but i can't seem to access your site. there must be something wrong with the link?

Anonymous said...

my daughter loves dandelions too... they look pretty specially when they are clustered like that.

Anonymous said...

hi vhiel,

so do i! they do look pretty when clustered. :)

thanks for dropping by!

florists online said...

I enjoyed reading it. I need to read more on this topic...I admiring time and effort you put in your blog, because it is obviously one great place where I can find lot of useful info..

 
Powered by Blogger