Monday, May 5, 2008

Canada's Point System: Work Experience

let us further explore canada's point system.

to apply as a skilled worker in canada, you must meet the following 3 requirements:

1. you must have at least one continuous year of full time, paid work experience
2. your work experience must be in the category of Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A or B on the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC) (more on this next time)
3. your work experience must have occurred within the last 10 years

how will you get points for your work experience?

the point system for this category is fairly simple and straight-forward. you get points depending on your years of work experience as follows:

1 year of work experience = 15 points
2 years of work experience = 17 points
3 years of work experience = 19 points
4 or more years of work experience = 21 points

if you wanna take the complete self-assessment, click here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi... very nice inputs! A friend of mine wants to work in Canada, I will tell her about this.

By the way, can we exchange links? I have four blogs, is it okay if you link up all four? I promise to link you up in my blogs, too! My links are:

Jenn Was Here
Memories by Jenn
Shutter Happenings
Le Kulitszie Familie

Thanks a lot!

Filipino in Canada said...

hi jenn! thanks for dropping by and for letting your friend know about my blog. :)

sure, would love to exchange links with you. will visit you after i post this.

Anonymous said...

Hi Filipino in Canada! I am a Pinay in the UK and I would love you to come and visit my blogs as well:

HotMomma at http://www.matheubaniaga.com and Pinoy Around the World.

Thanks for this input. I know a lot of nurses here in the UK want to go there instead. This will be helpful.

Bye and ingat!

Filipino in Canada said...

hi pinoy around the world, thanks for dropping by. will definitely pay you a visit.. :)

 
Powered by Blogger