Friday, March 14, 2008

Weird and Insane

it does seem awfully weird and insane to want to live in a country that i have zero knowledge about. a country i have never seen before. a country i have not even thought about until recently. a country where i didn't have any family nor friends.

ok. that isn't entirely true. i do know know one thing about canada. they have one-year maternity leaves. yes!!! one year!!! and to a mom with a newborn baby who is having a hard time looking for the perfect yaya, that seems to be enough. enough to want to move to canada.

and i do have family here. my lola's brother lives here. never mind that i've only seen him twice in my life. but surely that would count as family wouldn't it?

and friends. my husband's classmate from kindergarten is here. and so is his classmate from college. surely, 2 friends are enough right? oh! and did i mention that my bestfriend's officemate who i have never met is here too? but its ok. my bestfriend is going to introduce me to her through email. so that makes 3.

3 friends. 1 family. 1 year maternity leave. that should definitely be enough!

or is it?

prior to coming to canada, one of the things i had a hard time researching about was how life in canada would be like. and whether canada was for me. and my family. i remember asking friends for movies filmed in canada. so i can more or less have a glimpse of what everyday life looks like.

it is after all in seeing what everyday life looks like that we can best judge whether canada is right for us.

6 comments:

RJ said...

I agree!

Online Printing Company said...

Really? You don't know a thing about Canada? Even celebrities who are Canadian?

Anyway... I'm not that informed about the country either (LOL!) but I do know some cities because of NBA. :D

Acia Gray said...

The best thing to do is to research about canada online and ask the people around you about it.

Penny Stocks said...

Very well said! Really a great adjustment moving to one country, but you are Pinoy, it means you can do it!

Online Marketing Brisbane said...

Congratulations to you for your new president!

Landscape Architect Brisbane said...

Well, all i can say is, you're a Filipino and as far as i know Pinoy are fighters. I know you can survive that.

 
Powered by Blogger