Thursday, July 3, 2008

Buying a Domain Name

since getting my own domain, a lot of people have asked me where i got it and how i did it. so for those who would want to know, i purchased my domain directly from blogger.com.

sure, there are other companies who offer it at a lesser price than blogger does. but i like the convenience that blogger offers. and for that i am willing to pay extra.

prior to purchasing my domain, i did my research. those who personally know me know that i never jump with my eyes closed (at least one eye has to be open). i like knowing what i am getting into and i like knowing what is out there before i make my decision.

as you probably know, blogger is owned by google. so when you decide to buy your domain from them, they will take you to the google apps domain purchase website where you will check whether the domain name you want is still available or not. from google apps, i was taken to google checkout to purchase my domain. the process was very simple and everything went smoothly.

sure, i may save a couple of dollars buying elsewhere. i can even buy directly from godaddy or enom where blogger registers the domain you buy from them. but i didn't want the hassle of configuring my settings. i also didn't want to risk leaving my readers behind.

buying from blogger ensures that my domain is up immediately and ensures that my readers are not left behind.

15 comments:

Marites said...

i'm contemplating to buy a domain name myself and i'm glad i've found your post for me to get a better idea which one to choose:)thanks for the info. by the way, how much do they charge for the domain name?

SWITTOOTH said...

hi! thanks so much for this info. :)im also thinking of getting one for myself. how much? per year?

Anonymous said...

@ me, the islands and the world and swittooth - blogger charges $10 per year which is really not bad at all.

Anonymous said...

Great domain purchasing tips, I have also done this sort of research coupled with other keywords search while working on my website related to Cisco and Microsoft Certifications and strongly believe that a well thought and researched domain name can really sell for itself and make the marketing easier. Your tips are creating the right awareness about it, keep it up!

EHR said...

Thanks for great tips, I'm looking to purchase a domain related to EMR Software and will keep your points in view while purchasing.

Dave said...

I have used godaddy for a few years and always look online for coupons before buying, sometimes you can get 25% off. Have never had a bad experience with them.

Rida said...

Really so Nice and decent one.Exactly explain the right point.
Will be back soon to check to other articles.
facelift

Material Medico said...

Thanks for an insightful post. These tips are really helpful. Again thanks for sharing your knowledge with us.Keep up the good work.
http://www.scn.es/
Material Medico

Bisturi said...

Thanks , I have recently been searching for info approximately this topic for a long time and yours is the best I have found out so far. I agree with your conclusions and also will thirstily look forward to your approaching updates
http://www.bisturis.es/
Bisturi

Termometro Digital said...

It’s difficult to find knowledgeable individuals with this topic, however, you could be seen as do you know what you’re talking about! Thanks
http://www.termometrodigital.eu/
Termometro Digital

Jeringas said...

It’s easy to find knowledgeable individuals with this topic, you could be seen as do you know what you’re talking about! Thanks
http://www.todojeringas.com/
Jeringas

David said...

One thing - be sure you are actually going to do something with it before you buy it. Over the years I have bought loads of domain names 'spur of the moment' in a flash of inspiration, but then dumped them a few years later after I never actually built anything on them!

Radiant Cut said...

I didn't realise you could get domains directly from Blogger.. I've always used GoDaddy. $10 per year seems to be about the going rate, I think one would save more money hunting around for a better hosting deal.

Web Designer said...

I have heared a lot about this but today after reading this blog I came to know some of the essential aspects about it. Lovely information on buying domain name. Keep it up

Anonymous said...

Great information! I never knew that Blogger owns a domain service.

I'm computer science student and my professor, project team
and I are developing websites.

I'm also a part-time web designer.

Aside from
internetdirectsolutions.com(Which is a really good source of Domain also.They sell the same products that GoDaddy.com), I'm planning to use blogger.

Thanks for the tip!

 
Powered by Blogger